Monday, December 16, 2013

Guest post: Christmas lights in London (part II)

So here I am. Another day in London. Working by day and admiring the amazing Christmas decorations by night. It's probably the best time to be in the city.

It is perhaps mandatory to at least walk by Harrods when in London. And there I was too. Walking by.  


Harrods
Harrods

Hyde Park was exactly this. A winter wonderland!
Hyde Park

Coming out of the Holborn tube station, I saw this massive tree decorated with lights. 
Near Holborn tube

On my agenda was also to make a visit to Somerset House overlooking the Thames. Despite the windchill, I enjoyed my time there. There was something very warm about the place and you will see what I mean in the photographs. 
Somerset House

Any visit to Europe would be incomplete without a visit to the Christmas markets. I chose the Southbank Centre Christmas market.
Southbank Centre Christmas market
************************************************************************************************************

The contributor of this article continues to remain anonymous. To read the first part of this post, see here.

No comments: